In accordance with the COVID 19 prevention plan, all measures are taken to ensure the comfort and safety of visitors and staff.
The presentation of a health pass will be mandatory to access the site for anyone older than 12 years old and two months.
Please note that wearing a face mask is mandatory.
Hydro-alcoholic gel will be at your disposal.
Thank you for your understanding.
Fortified circa 1380 during the Hundred Years War by the knight and Lord Jehan Girard of Bazoges, the donjon was a part of an ancient castle and was the residence of the Lord and his family.
The donjon is nowadays restored and fortified over 5 floors and offers an exceptional Vendée Bocage view from the Wall-walk.
THE GARDEN OF MEDIEVAL INSPIRATION
Let’s walk through the contemporary garden of medieval inspiration that combines charmingly the colours and scents of the squares of vegetables, flowers and medicinal and culinary herbs. Let yourself be transported by the tales and legends in the witchcraft square. Stroll in the shade of the pergola and discover the orchard and the old roses in the garden of curiosities, where you can admire the 16th century dovecote in its verdant setting.
MUSEUM OF COUNTRY LIFE AND TRADITIONS
Enjoy exploring a collection of over a thousand objects and furniture from 1850 to 1950.
In this rural dwelling, a reconstruction of a 18th century residence, you can discover the daily life of a farm and the local handcraft with its forge, bakehouse and dairy.
==> Free booklets available in English and Dutch
From 1st May to 30th June: Fridays to Mondays, 2 – 6pm
From 1st July to 31st August: 10.30am – 1.00pm and 2 – 7pm every day (except 8th morning August)
From 1st to 16th September: Fridays to Mondays, 2 – 6pm
Please note, last entry 1 hour before site closure
26th May, 2 – 6pm
4th and 5th June, 10.30am – 1.00pm and 2 – 7pm
17th and 18th, 10.30am – 7pm
11st June at 5 pm
2nd July at 5 pm
30th July and 6th August at 6pm
8th August in the morning
Donjon + Garden + Museum: 7€/adult
Garden + Museum: 4€/adult
Students – Children from 9 to 17: 3€
Children under 9 free
Reduced (unemployed person from France, disabled person, Education Pass): 3€
Methods of payment: cash, blue card
Getting to the site
- Car parks are available near the ticket office. There are reserved parking spaces for disabled people.
- Free cycle rack.
About your visit
- The visit lasts about one hour and a half.
- Disabled visitors and visitors with reduced mobility have access to the garden.
- Photography without flash is permitted in the donjon.
- Dogs are not allowed to visit the donjon but allowed on a leash in the garden.
- Toilets have disabled accessibility and are located near the entry of the garden.
- A little store with post cards, books and others souvenirs
- Picnics are not allowed in the garden: a picnic area is located « Place de la Liberté »